The holistic treatment options at Palo Verde Wellness include a meditative therapy program where clients can heal physically and mentally from addiction. We offer a safe, comfortable, private treatment facility in beautiful Palm Springs. Addiction therapy programs that use meditative therapy give patients a better chance of staying sober for the long haul. Using different therapeutic modalities to address the traumas that may have led to addiction can set you up for success.
Combining evidence-based treatments and experiential therapy options can help get you back to the life you led before addiction. Palo Verde Wellness offers a variety of treatment options at our unique treatment center in Palm Springs. If you or a loved one are struggling with addiction and need help, call our dedicated treatment team at 866.913.4195.
What Is Meditative Therapy?
Think of meditative therapy as a mental and physical exercise to help gain a deeper understanding of self. Meditation is proven to help reduce the negative thoughts and feelings connected to addiction and mental health issues.
Meditation therapy can take a variety of forms, including:
- Guided meditation is where clients follow the guidance of a therapist or yoga practitioners as they try various breathing exercises, movements, or affirmations.
- Yoga, Tai chi, Qi-gong, or other meditative movement activities involve deep breathing.
- Deep, methodic breathing on its own is a highly effective way of establishing a sense of calm, slowing a rapid heart rate, and helping to feel less anxious when cravings to use drugs or alcohol arise.
Clinical programs to treat an addiction to drugs and alcohol typically offer therapies that use positive psychology and motivational techniques to address past traumas that led to addiction. The treatment team at Palo Verde Wellness includes nutritionists, life coaches, and yoga instructors. We are also proud to offer a meditation practice known as sound baths, where clients take a bath in sound and experience a phenomenal meditative state.
Benefits of Meditation For Addiction
Meditation has many benefits when it comes to treating addiction. This includes giving patients better insight into the negative thoughts and feelings associated with their addiction and how to deal with those feelings. This type of holistic approach provides an alternative to using drugs or alcohol. Some of the benefits of meditative therapy include:
- Mental clarity and focus
- Health benefits like lower blood pressure and pain relief
- Increased energy
- Managing negative thoughts and emotions
- Improved sleep
- Improves emotional stability
- Promotes an overall sense of calm and wellbeing
- Creativity and open-mindedness
- Boosted self-esteem and confidence
In addition to treating substance use disorders, meditation therapy has shown to be very beneficial in treating symptoms from other conditions, including:
- Chronic pain
- Heart-related issues and diseases
Ask Palo Verde Wellness About Meditative Therapy
We also offer a newly renovated boutique-style sober living home in the picture-perfect Palm Springs, California, with breathtaking views of the Santa Rosa mountains. Transportation for our clients between partial hospitalization, intensive outpatient programs, and our sober living home is available. Every client at Palo Verde Wellness aims to achieve lifelong sobriety. We offer a variety of holistic therapies to treat addiction, including meditative therapy. Our addiction treatment programs help clients on the road to leading happy and productive lives.
In addition to meditative therapy, we offer:
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Family therapy
- Motivational interviewing
- Individual and group therapy
- Experiential therapies
The clinicians at Palo Verde Wellness bring with them years of experience treating patients and their own experiences battling substance use disorders. When you are ready to learn more about the holistic therapy options available in Palm Springs, give our team a call today at 866.913.4195.